RYA Theory Course
The Day Skipper theory course is a comprehensive introduction to navigation, suitable for anyone thinking of doing the Day Skipper practical course. It's available to beginners, though some prior boating experience is helpful.
Next Course - Sundays: 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th February, 3rd & 10th March 2024.
Time: 9.30am - 5pm.
North West Venue: The Consult Centre, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA4 4BQ
Course fee: £375
The course involves 40 hours of tuition with two assessments: Chartwork and a General paper. You will be awarded a certificate on successful completion of the course.
Course topics include:
- Combining traditional & electronic navigation
- Knowing where you are
- Planning your journey
- The weather forecast - sources & understanding
- How the tides help or hinder
- Calculating depth of water between high & low tide
- What the navigation buoys tell you
- Rules of the road for all boaters
- Safety equipment, VHF radio distress call, flares, life-jackets, life-rafts and much more!
"What an amazing course and instructor...
John Parlane, thank you for sharing your expertise and for your patience." Justine
- Taught by John Parlane, award-winning Instructor, Examiner & Yachtmaster Ocean
- Access John's unique online study aids
- Phone & email support during your course
The course pack contains:
- RYA Training Charts 3 & 4
- RYA Training Almanac
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Notes textbook
- Course exercise book
You will need:
A plotter and dividers for measuring bearings and distances. Scroll down for more information.
But, you get a free plotter & dividers with a short online taster course. Here's a short video snippet of it: Essential Navigation & Seamanship
Feeling a bit rusty? Book John's Day Skipper theory course now and enjoy refreshing your skills with a patient & friendly instructor.
Private Day Skipper theory courses can be arranged, though the fee will obviously be higher. Please get in touch to discuss your needs.
|Sundays: 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th February, 3rd & 10th March 2024.||9.30 am||10|